I set up this blog so everyone can keep up with Aurelia and I and how fast she is growing. I hope to keep daily photos and events that happen in her life.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Bread Maker
Today I made bread! For the first time ever, I attempted to make bread. It has taken a handful of hot and sweaty hours but its all done. Once it cools I'll find out if its any good or not but it sure looks and smells good. I made basic white bread from a recipe in my Good Housekeeping cookbook. The only reason it was hot and sweaty was because the yeast needed 80+ degree temperature to rise on 2 occasions. So I left the AC off and went on about it. The only mistake I found I have done thus far was puttin my fingers in the dough to see if it had risen enough the last time. It says to do it the first time to check if it is ready but as you can see in the picture if you do it the last time then the dots stay when you cook it. Anywho, I'm excited and hope it turns out ok.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment