Saturday, June 13, 2009

What I've learned as a mother thus far...

Every day I learn something as a new mother.  I was never around kids that often let alone babies, so once I had Aurelia there was much to learn.  So here is a list, thus far, of things I have learned.  I've learned that,
  • newborns though bobbly are quite resilient
  • breastfeeding is confusing, painful, and nerve racking  
  • showers are a rarity at first then an inconvenience, I'm still at the inconvenient stage
  • once the baby sleeps, you either want to sleep with her or just do nothing
  • baby saliva can break anything from an IPhone to a remote control (she's done both)
  • you only enjoy breastfeeding once you decide to stop doing it
  • baby nails are the sharpest instrument in the world
  • once you are pregnant and have a baby you really do forget everything
  • naps are never long enough to eat, shower and enjoy a cup of coffee
  • a person who loves to sleep can learn to be a morning person
  • I am not as important when dad is around ( it starts so young, I thought at least it would be a middle school or high school thing)
I will continue this as time goes by but as I have stated I can't remember anything so I'm drawing a blank.  I will say that although I'm tired most of the time, I don't eat enough, and even though she can keep me up with crying, fussing or whatever, I can't stay mad for too long when I see this face...

No comments:

Post a Comment